Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro Probe Lens - Nikon F Mount (Manual Focus Lens)
Described as "weird but genius," the Nikon F-mount Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe from Venus Optics is a truly unique lens designed for close-up shooting. Distinguished by its long, slender lens barrel, this macro lens provides a 2:1 maximum magnification with a 1.5' minimum focusing distance and a close 0.8" minimum working distance.
- F-Mount Lens/FX Macro Lens
- Aperture Range: f/14 to f/40
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- One Extra Refractive Index Element
Described as "weird but genius," the Nikon F-mount Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe from Venus Optics is a truly unique lens designed for close-up shooting. Distinguished by its long, slender lens barrel, this macro lens provides a 2:1 maximum magnification with a 1.5' minimum focusing distance and a close 0.8" minimum working distance. Even with such a close working distance, the lens measures 1.3' long, placing you at a comfortable distance to photograph nearby subjects. Also, as a wide-angle lens, greater depth of field is afforded when compared to traditional telephoto macro lenses, which allows for greater detail in the background with less subject isolation.
The optical design includes both extra-low dispersion and extra refractive index elements, which help to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations for a high degree of clarity, color accuracy, and sharpness. Manual focus control permits focusing from 1.5' to infinity, and the front of the lens has a built-in LED ring light to aid in focusing at close distances. The slim 0.2" diameter of the front of the lens barrel also offers greater opportunities for lighting subjects from the front. Additionally, the front portion of the lens is waterproof, and permits working with subjects just beneath the surface of water or in other dusty or trying environments.
- Wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 38.4mm equivalent focal length.
- Unique macro lens design offers a greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.5' and a working distance of just 0.8".
- The long, tubular lens barrel contributes to producing a distinct bug-eye perspective and, despite the short working distance, the length of the lens barrel places the camera at a comfortable shooting distance.
- Wide-angle 24mm focal length affords greater depth of field and more surrounding detail than traditional telephoto macro designs, which tend to isolate subject matter with shallow depth of field.
- Optical design includes two extra-low dispersion elements that control color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy. One extra refractive index element is also featured, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Slim 0.8" front diameter allows performing unique "slide-in" shots as well as affords a greater range of close-up, inconspicuous shooting opportunities. The smaller front diameter also makes it easier to illuminate close-up subjects from the front.
- The front of the lens is also waterproof, allowing you to comfortably work just under the surface of water or in dusty environments.
- The front of the lens also has a built-in LED ring light, which is powered via a micro-USB port on the barrel, to provide some illumination on close-up subjects for easier focusing.
- Designed for use as a close-up, macro lens, the manual focus operation also lets you focus at infinity.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Name||Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro Probe Lens - Nikon F Mount (Manual Focus Lens)|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Activity||Photography, Casual Photography, Hobby Photography, Macro Photography|
|Dimensions||1.5 x 16.1" / 38 x 408 mm|
|Manufacturer||Anhui Changgeng Optics Technology Co., Ltd|
|Warranty||6 Months Limited Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||China|
|In the Box||
- 1x Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro Probe Lens - Nikon F Mount
- We currently ship all our items under "Free Shipping".
- Large sized or heavier orders (like dry cabinets, c-stands, etc) may not be shipped via air, hence might suffer longer transit times.
- Batteries can not be shipped via air as per legal requirements.
- On a business day, orders placed before 5pm are shipped out the same day.
- No shipping on Sundays and any national holidays.
- Typically a consignment takes about 1-4 days to major cities, 2-5 days to towns and 10-14 days to North Eastern states.
- We offer tracking info on all shippings we dispatch so that you can track the status on the fly. This tracking info is shared to respective customers at the end of the business day.
This lens requires a Nikon F mount body or converter.