Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
IRIX 15mm f/2.4 Firefly Lens - Canon EF
An impressively wide prime lens, the Canon EF-mount 15mm f/2.4 Firefly Lens from Irix meshes an advanced optical design with a lightweight, durable physical construction. The expansive field of view is complemented by a sophisticated optical layout that utilizes low dispersion, aspherical, and high-refractive glass elements.
- Canon EF-Mount/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.4 to f/22
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Two ED and Three HR Elements
An impressively wide prime lens, the Canon EF-mount 15mm f/2.4 Firefly Lens from Irix meshes an advanced optical design with a lightweight, durable physical construction. The expansive field of view is complemented by a sophisticated optical layout that utilizes low dispersion, aspherical, and high-refractive glass elements, as well as a Neutrino coating, to render imagery with low distortion, controlled spherical and chromatic aberrations, high contrast, and natural color rendering.
In addition to the imaging performance, this 15mm f/2.4 utilizes a manual focus design for fine-tuned control, and incorporates a unique positive focus lock to secure the focusing position at any point for consistent, repeatable shooting. As the Firefly version of this focal length, this lens is also distinguished by a lightweight ABS plastic exterior, printed lens markings, and weather-sealing about the lens housing to permit working in trying environmental conditions.
- The Firefly version of the 15mm f/2.4 lens features a lightweight ABS plastic exterior construction that is sealed against moisture and dust along the main body of the lens. The Firefly construction also incorporates a rubber focus ring for improved grip and control, and has printed focus distance and depth of field scales to aid working with pre-focusing and hyperfocal focusing techniques.
- Wide-angle prime designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, this lens can also be used on DX models where it provides a 22.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Two aspherical, three high-refractive index, and two extra-low dispersion elements are featured within the optical design to limit both spherical and chromatic aberrations, as well as color fringing and distortion, for improved clarity, sharpness, and even illumination.
- A Neutrino coating has been applied to limit lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus designed is benefitted by a positive focus lock mechanism to secure your focus position at any point to limit unwanted shifting of focus.
- A hard click stop indicates the infinity position on the focus ring for easy use in low-visibility conditions.
- Large depth of field scale benefits using hyperfocal and pre-focus techniques.
- Front of lens has 95mm-diameter filter threads and the rear of the lens accepts 30 x 30mm cut gel filters to lessen the likelihood of vignetting.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to smooth bokeh.
|Name||IRIX 15mm f/2.4 Firefly Lens - Canon EF|
|Lens Category||Ultra Wide Angle|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Activity||Photography, Studio Shoots, Wedding Shoots, Casual Photography, Hobby Photography, Sports & Action Photography, Bird Photography, Outdoor Portrait Shoots, Cinematography, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Street Photography|
|Dimensions||7.8 x 6.0 x 6.0" (package)|
|Manufacturer||Q Media, Dabka 17, Krakow, Poland|
|Warranty||1 Year Limited Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||Korea|
|In the Box||
- 1x IRIX 15mm f/2.4 Firefly Lens - Canon EF
- We currently ship all our items under "Free Shipping".
- Large sized or heavier orders (like dry cabinets, c-stands, etc) may not be shipped via air, hence might suffer longer transit times.
- Batteries can not be shipped via air as per legal requirements.
- On a business day, orders placed before 5pm are shipped out the same day.
- No shipping on Sundays and any national holidays.
- Typically a consignment takes about 1-4 days to major cities, 2-5 days to towns and 10-14 days to North Eastern states.
- We offer tracking info on all shippings we dispatch so that you can track the status on the fly. This tracking info is shared to respective customers at the end of the business day.