Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
BreakThrough X4 Circular Polarizer Filter - 72mm
All commercially available CPL filters exhibit a yellow cast due to a gradual transmission increase starting around 600nm and then spiking at 650nm onward into IR. With our X4 CPL film, we achieved a gradual transmission decrease from 600nm onward, and instead of spiking uncontrollably near 650nm and far into infrared, the X4 CPL sees very controlled transmission into IR, without the curve spike.
- Circular Polarizer Filter
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
The Breakthrough Photography 72mm X4 Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as a haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of autofocus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, autofocus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
To prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing 99.7% polarizing efficiency and 47% light transmission, each glass surface includes four layers of anti-reflection coating. This Multi-Resistant Coating (MRC) also offers greater protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than with uncoated filters. The Nano coating associated with X2 circular polarizing filters provides an additional fifth layer over each MRC, resulting in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency.
This Breakthrough Photography circular polarizer filter is constructed from Asahi glass for increased optical clarity as well as color fidelity and features thin, aluminum-alloy filter rings to minimize the potential for vignetting.
|Name||BreakThrough X4 Circular Polarizer Filter - 72mm|
|Categories Selection||Filter & Adapter|
|Dimensions||4.0 x 4.0 x 1.1" (Box)|
|Material||Machined Brass and Asahi Glass|
|Manufacturer||BreakThrough, San Francisco, USA|
|Warranty||25 Years Limited Warranty|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Filter Type||CPL (Circular Polarizer)|
|Filter Factor||2.8x (1.5 Stops)|
|Filter Coatings||Multi Coating|
|In the Box||
-1 x BreakThrough X4-CPL 72mm
- We Currently do FREE SHIPPING on orders of ₹ 1000 or more, A shipping charge of Rs. 90 is applicable to all orders under Rs. 1000.
- Large sized or heavier orders (like dry cabinets, c-stands, etc) may not be shipped via air, hence might suffer longer transit times.
- Batteries can not be shipped via air as per legal requirements.
- On a business day, orders placed before 5pm are shipped out the same day.
- No shipping on Sundays and any national holidays.
- Typically a consignment takes about 1-4 days to major cities, 2-5 days to towns and 10-14 days to North Eastern states.
- We offer tracking info on all shippings we dispatch so that you can track the status on the fly. This tracking info is shared to respective customers at the end of the business day.
- Due to government restrictions around COVID-19, you may experience delays in delivery. We regret the inconvenience and request you to please bear with us in this extremely challenging situation.