Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Rode VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System
The VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System from Rode is a shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera. It features a Rycote suspension system that attaches to the camera's shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight, and when mounted on a camera it does not appear in the frame.
- Directional Video Condenser Microphone
- Rycote Suspension System
- Mounts to Standard Camera Shoe
- 3.5mm Mini Plug
The VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System from Rode is a shotgun microphone that can easily be mounted on a DSLR camera. It features a Rycote suspension system that attaches to the camera's shoe. The VideoMic is lightweight, and when mounted on a camera it does not appear in the frame. The VideoMic can also mount to Rode's boompoles for elevated audio capture. Its supercardioid polar pattern attenuates sounds from the sides. The result is a signal that sounds closer to the camera, even when shooting in noisy environments or at moderate distances.
The included Rycote Lyre is a non-elasticated suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic. It is more effective at acoustically decoupling microphones from unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than elasticated suspensions. The lyre remains effective at a wide range of temperatures and is virtually indestructible. It will never wear out, sag, snap or require any rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
An attached, coiled cable terminates to a 1/8" (3.5mm) mini output connection. The VideoMic features a condenser element that utilizes a standard 9V battery (sold separately). The microphone will run for approximately 100 hours on a single battery.
- The Rode Video Mic functions as a true line+gradient microphone with a supercardioid pattern in the front and a barrel that cancels side audio. The result is maximum pickup of the source in highly ambient and noisy environments.
- Selectable 10 or 20 dB Pad
- When capturing audio in loud environments, the VideoMic offers built-in attenuation. The selectable 10 or 20 dB pad lessens the microphone's sensitivity, allowing it to handle higher SPL levels without sacrificing clarity.
- High-Pass Filter Switch
- A high-pass filter switch eliminates room ambiance and noise below 80 Hz. This results in improved intelligibility while recording around machinery, wind or close proximities.
- Internal Power
- The condenser element is powered with a standard 9V battery for up to 100 hours (approximately).
|Name||Rode VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System|
|Activity||Studio Shoots, Wedding Shoots, Sports & Action Photography, Cinematography|
|Dimensions||11.7 x 5.3 x 3.4" (package)|
|Manufacturer||Freedman Electronics Pty., Ltd. 107, Carnavon St. Silverwater Nsw 2128, Australia|
|Warranty||2 Year (1+1 Year) Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
|In the Box||
- 1x ode VideoMic with Rycote Lyre Suspension System
- We currently ship all our items under "Free Shipping".
- Large sized or heavier orders (like dry cabinets, c-stands, etc) may not be shipped via air, hence might suffer longer transit times.
- Batteries can not be shipped via air as per legal requirements.
- On a business day, orders placed before 5pm are shipped out the same day.
- No shipping on Sundays and any national holidays.
- Typically a consignment takes about 1-4 days to major cities, 2-5 days to towns and 10-14 days to North Eastern states.
- We offer tracking info on all shippings we dispatch so that you can track the status on the fly. This tracking info is shared to respective customers at the end of the business day.